Wednesday, April 12, 2006

loosening up

I've been struggling lately. I think I've
lost my focus so I'm going back to the
basics and starting to try and loosen up
again. Here are some random sketches
and studies... two of them are studies
from a webcomic called "the great Catsby"
which has really inspired me lately.


For some reason I really enjoy sketching from
DVD's. I used to prefer working from life but lately
I find I'm more inspired by movies because I get
more diversity in color schemes, mood, settings. It's
strange because I can't stand working from photos
(too flat and static) but because you can see the
characters turning and rotating in a movie (get a
feel for the 3D form) I enjoy the process more.

2 Comments:

Blogger richtuzon said...

I agree with you, Paul. Photos tend to be too flat. I might just try sketching from a DVD.

Are these all digital? I can't tell anymore. Anyways, good job. Really digging your stuff from the Drawing Club BTW. Wanted to tell you in person but as soon as I turned around, you were gone.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Mermuse said...

Thanks Rich,

Yep everything is digital now...

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home