Sunday, December 10, 2006

Smack Girl

I've been wanting to do some illustrations for my RPS/Janken fighting game for a while... so here is my first attempt. Lately I've been sketching from life or from DVD's so this project was good practice because it a forced me to work more from my imagination! I wanted an image that showed a strike that was violent enough to make it obvious that it connected. I went a little overboard on the splatter but I needed a way to blend the victim into the background to allow the kicking leg to stand out and I wanted to add more movement and rhythm.



And here are some studies I did as research... The initial idea and pose came from a Smack Girl fight but I found that while I liked the angle and pose if I sketched it realistically it was too dull. So I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I could change in the style, flow, and proportions to give it some life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Siphonista said...

Dude, amazing dynamics and chick fighters!! -and stylish blog.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home